Javascript on asp:radiobutton

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Neo, Jul 8, 2005.

  1. Neo

    Neo Guest

    Hello All,

    This one has me stumped, but before going to write a code, i want to be
    sure of the solution.

    I have a asp:radiobutton group on a page, and on click of any of the
    radiobutton, i need 4 asp:dropdown boxes to be filled in on the client
    side.

    I have all the data in 8 javascript arrays based on the permutations
    and combinations of which radio button is clicked.

    My problem is how will i get the "onclick" event of asp:radiobutton on
    the client side, and how will i fill in data from a javascript array to
    asp:dropdown list.

    thanks in advance for your help!!

    regards

    sunil jambekar
    Neo, Jul 8, 2005

  2. The onclick event is a server side event.

    You will need the onmousedown javascript event. The visual studio IDE will
    tell you that it doesn't exist, but when your page is rendered out as html,
    the radio button will become a 'input' and it will have the correct event
    attached on the client side.

    You can also capture the user hitting the spacebar on the client, which will
    select/deselect the checkbox, using the onkeypress event.
    --
    Staff Consultant II
    Enterprise Web Services

    Future Business Model
    Loan Origination Services
    National City Mortgage

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBCYWx0aWM=?=, Jul 8, 2005