javascript on Windows CE ( iPAQ h1940 )

Pablo Ahumada

Hi,

I have created a simple HTML page that has a table. When I click a cell,
this cell changes its color, when click another cell, this cell changes its
color and the previous cell back to default color.

This page works fine on my PC with Internet Explorer 5.0, but the same page
don't work on a iPAQ h1940, with Windows CE 4.2 .NET. The javascript code is
aborted when the event object is used. I have tried with window.event and
only event. The documents in msdn.microsoft.com said the event object is
supported on this Windows CE version.

Anybody can help me.

Regards,

Pablo

please send a copy of your help to (e-mail address removed)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE></TITLE>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=javascript>

var Sel = "x";

function xx_onclick(itm) {

// alert("xx1");

if( Sel != "x" )
Sel.style.backgroundColor = "";

// alert("xx2");

Sel = window.event.srcElement ;

Sel.style.backgroundColor = "lightblue";

// alert("xx3");

window.event.returnValue = false;

return false;
}

</SCRIPT>

</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P>
<TABLE border=1 cellPadding=1 cellSpacing=1 width="75%" >

<TR id=xx1 language=javascript onclick="return xx_onclick(1);" >
<TD>x</TD>
<TD>xxx</TD>
<TD>&nbsp;</TD></TR>
<TR id=xx2 language=javascript onclick="return xx_onclick(2);">
<TD >x</TD>
<TD>xxx</TD>
<TD>&nbsp;</TD></TR>
<TR id=xx3 language=javascript onclick="return xx_onclick(3);">
<TD >x</TD>
<TD>xxx</TD>
<TD>&nbsp;</TD></TR>

</TABLE>