Javascript Online Documentation?

John C. Ramirez

I have been looking for some "definitive" online Javascript documentation
and I notice that all of the Netscape links are no longer working
(http://devedge.netscape.com/ , http://developer.netscape.com/ ).

Are these links down for good or just temporarily? I checked the latest FAQ
on this newsgroup and it still lists the devedge.netscape.com site as the
reference location. Note that I do not have a specific Javascript question
here -- I just want to know where the docs are for future reference.

If the netscape links are down for good, can someone please give me the link
for the new "official" Javascript reference (if it exists)?

Thanks,

John

Michael Winter

[snip]
(http://devedge.netscape.com/ , http://developer.netscape.com/ ).

Are these links down for good or just temporarily?

For good, effectively. Mozilla, or some other organisation, might be able
to get license to host the content permanently, but there's nothing
concrete at the moment.

What you can do for the moment is use the Wayback Machine
(<URL:http://www.archive.org/web/web.php>) with the links to get a copy of
the HTML content which includes the references. Note that none of the
compressed files or PDFs can be accessed.

[snip]

Mike