Javascript, OWC chart, DataLabelsCollection.Add() error.

jfizer

Whenever I try to call ...DataLabelsCollection.Add I get the error
"Invallid Parameter".

if((document.chsp.charts(0).Type==18) ||
(document.chsp.charts(0).Type==19) ||
(document.chsp.charts(0).Type==20) ||
(document.chsp.charts(0).Type==9001) ||
(document.chsp.charts(0).Type==9002))
{
var dls;
dls =
document.chsp.charts(0).SeriesCollection(1).DataLabelsCollection.Add();
dls.HasPercentage = 'True';
dls.HasValue = 'True';

RobG

jfizer said:
Whenever I try to call ...DataLabelsCollection.Add I get the error
"Invallid Parameter".

You are in a JavaScript forum. The question you pose
relates to Microsoft Office Web Components - Visual Basic.
You may wish to use a more appropriate forum for your
question.

Cheers, Rob.

jfizer

You are in a JavaScript forum. The question you pose
relates to Microsoft Office Web Components - Visual Basic.
You may wish to use a more appropriate forum for your
question.

Cheers, Rob.

Nope, in fact I am not useing any VB script, ASP or any other such
stuff. 100% Javascript, which is what is causing my problems.

However I have managed to solve this one.

RobG

jfizer said:
Nope, in fact I am not useing any VB script, ASP or any other such
stuff. 100% Javascript, which is what is causing my problems.

However I have managed to solve this one.

I think you are mistaken - do you have a link to any
reference that shows DataLabelsCollection belongs to
JavaScript, CSS or HTML? I can find thousands (literally)
that relate to Microsoft VB Script.

A quick test would be for you to post code to this forum
that works in any browser other than IE and sits within
<script type="text/javascript"></script> tags.

Regards, Rob.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

RobG said:
I think you are mistaken - do you have a link to any
reference that shows DataLabelsCollection belongs to
JavaScript, CSS or HTML? I can find thousands (literally)
that relate to Microsoft VB Script.

What you don't understand is that VBScript is but a possible
interface language to a (document) object model, JScript or
JavaScript can serve as such as well if the interface provides
the appropriate language binding.

PointedEars