JavaScript Permission Denied errors with ASP.NET built in client JS

Nathan

We are encountering strange errors using IE 6 with a specified
automatic configuration script and an internal ASP.NET application.

The application performs very oddly throwing JavaScript errors all
over the place. The JS errors are all in the built in .NET
JavaScripts: wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\1_0_3705_288\WebUIValidation.js
and
wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\1_0_3705_288\SmartNav.js
most of them are "Permission denied" errors.

If you disable the automatic configuration script in IE>Connections no
problems AND if you use the automatic configuration script in a
mozilla.org browser ... no problems (ain't that irony). The goal of
the automatic configuration script is to attach users to actual usage
instead of just an IP address. Our IS networking group specify in the
script that internal servers should not be sent through the cache
server including the dotnet server in question.

Specified automatic configuration script (declassified)
http://cache-server.company.name:port_number/proxy.pac

script contents of proxy.pac (also declassified):
function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
{
if (isPlainHostName(host) ||
dnsDomainIs(host,".company.name.stuff") ||
dnsDomainIs(host,"dotnet_server_name.company.name.stuff")
isInNet(host,"127.0.0.0","255.255.255.0") ||
isInNet(host,"10.0.0.0","255.0.0.0") ||
isInNet(host,"172.16.0.0","255.240.0.0") ||
isInNet(host,"192.168.0.0","255.255.0.0")
) {
return "DIRECT";
}
else if (url.substring(0,5) == "http:" ||
url.substring(0,6) == "https:" ||
url.substring(0,4) == "ftp:") {
return "PROXY cache-server.company.name:port_number";
}
else {
return "DIRECT";

This appears to be a dotnet/IE bug? any suggestions? The automatic
configuration script must ultimately be used.

Frances Valdes

I have am getting a similar message although I am not using IE6. I'm getting
a message which states "unable to find script library
/aspnet.client/system.web/1_1_4322/webuivalidate.js. Try placing this file
manually or reinstalling using aspnet_regiis - c.

I've tried both methods and still get the error message. I've scoured the
newsgroups, and I can see other people have the problem, but the only
solutions offered are to copy the file manually into my project, or use the
aspnet_regiis - c facilities. Both of which I have tried and neither of
which worked.

I would be grateful of any suggestions
Frances

Alvin Bruney said:
Your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue? If you still need
help, please post the original question with your request.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]