Javascript popup code, fully cross-compatible, standard-compliant

revek

Can anybody point me where to to find just Javascript Popup code, fully
cross-compatible, standard-compliant, self-resizable to fit an image size,
and centered? Most JavaScript code repositories I browsed have just
worthless popup code examples.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

revek said:
Can anybody point me where to to find just Javascript Popup code, fully
cross-compatible,

No, different HTML user agents implement different features and so have a
different API.
standard-compliant,

No, as many DOM features, window.open() is a proprietary method as of yet.
self-resizable to fit an image size,

Short answer: No.

Long answer: You can pass the wanted window size as `width' and `height'
options in the third argument of window.open(). Whether the user agent
honors your request is a different matter, though. In any case, you should
provide the `resizable' and `scrollbars' options so that the new window, if
any, is accessible.
centered?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Centered to what? There are virtual desktops and there are
multi-screen environments. It is generally a bad idea to try centering a
popup window because you don't know the current or future runtime
environment, and how reliable its figures are.
Most JavaScript code repositories I browsed have just worthless popup code
examples.

Quite possible, there is more junk than quality out there, and few is ever
recognized by its users as such. In any case RTFFAQ, RTFM, and STFW.

PointedEars

revek

Yes, i see, Javascript really sucks, just pure shit, wanker & tosser. kein
Aas. was geht ab!?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

revek said:
Yes, i see, Javascript really sucks,

Natural differences in user agents and their DOM APIs have nothing to do
with the language with which those APIs are being accessed. You also don't
expect a horse to drink gasoline, or a car to go with hay, just because both
can carry you away.
[top post]

Go away.

Score adjusted

PointedEars

revek

du Arsch, leck mich am Arsch. Das geht mir voll am Arsch vorbei. Du hast
den Arsch offen, Arschloch.

Your'e wanker, dickhead and tosspot and ******.
----------------------

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said:
revek said:
Yes, i see, Javascript really sucks,

Natural differences in user agents and their DOM APIs have nothing to do
with the language with which those APIs are being accessed. You also
don't
expect a horse to drink gasoline, or a car to go with hay, just because
both
can carry you away.
[top post]

Go away.

Score adjusted

PointedEars

Erwin Moller

revek schreef:
du Arsch, leck mich am Arsch. Das geht mir voll am Arsch vorbei. Du
hast den Arsch offen, Arschloch.

Your'e wanker, dickhead and tosspot and ******.
----------------------

Revek,

Is that your way of saying: "Thanks Thomas for the pointers"?

Get this into your thick head, you would-be programmer: Thomas and
others in here are trying to help you. Free of charge.

From the few posts in here we can all tell you are totally clueless and
never mastered elementary JavaScript.
Even though we know that, we help you.

But that doesn't stop you behaving like a 12 year old that just learned
(and misspelled) a few english insults.

Come back when you have grown up, nutcase.

Erwin Moller

-- C.A.R. Hoare

Gregor Kofler

revek meinte:
du Arsch, leck mich am Arsch. Das geht mir voll am Arsch vorbei. Du
hast den Arsch offen, Arschloch.

Not bad for a beginner. I suppose the question was "find 10 German
phrases containing `Arsch`". I count only three (the others are mere
compound words), but I'm confident you'll finally succeed. Perhaps
alt.assholes.among.themselves is the proper NG for that.

Keep it up!

Gregor

John G Harris

Can anybody point me where to to find just Javascript Popup code, fully
cross-compatible, standard-compliant, self-resizable to fit an image
size, and centered? Most JavaScript code repositories I browsed have
just worthless popup code examples.

IE7 doesn't do popups; it does tabs instead. You can resize a tab but it
resizes all the tabs together.

I've seen an invoice squashed into a 10cm square because of this. It's
quite funny in a painful sort of way.

John

revek

That's something close to theme. So perhaps, DHTML popups, which is
cross-compatible, its not a popups, but layers?

revek
------

revek

yehh Jeff, I'd like to speak clearly and just say what I think, without
tricks.
english is to poor to say what I think.. so I will say in German (which
would
better reflect what I think): du hast den Arsch offen, Arschloch und
Arschkeks, bekloppt Arschlecker und Bloedpenner Arschkriecher- halt die
Fresse! Klugscheisser, Haessliche Wichser, Katzenloch, Kanake, Scheiss
Mistkerl, Missgestalt, Nutte

Jeff said:
revek said:
That's something close to theme. So perhaps, DHTML popups, which is
cross-compatible, its not a popups, but layers?

What's the deal with insulting the regulars here and still expecting
help?

Jeff

Gregor Kofler

revek meinte:
yehh Jeff, I'd like to speak clearly and just say what I think, without
tricks.
english is to poor to say what I think.. so I will say in German (which
would
better reflect what I think): du hast den Arsch offen, Arschloch und
Arschkeks, bekloppt Arschlecker und Bloedpenner Arschkriecher- halt die
Fresse! Klugscheisser, Haessliche Wichser, Katzenloch, Kanake, Scheiss
Mistkerl, Missgestalt, Nutte

Ah. Tourette-syndrome. Never read that in postings, but all the symptoms
are there. Nice.

Gregor

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Gregor said:
revek meinte:
yehh Jeff, I'd like to speak clearly and just say what I think, without
tricks.
english is to poor to say what I think.. so I will say in German (which
would
better reflect what I think): [lots of rather scatological metaphors[1]]

Ah. Tourette-syndrome. Never read that in postings, but all the symptoms
are there. Nice.

Or it could simply be a troll. Do not feed.

Regards,

PointedEars
___________
[1] Some might recognize that line, it's from "The Russia House" (one of my
favorite movies). I can't help it if I hear or read it (it's in IMDb's
memorable quotes, for example), and I could watch it if only for that
scene (although it really is a great drama with a great soundtrack).
Surprisingly, the German dubbing is even more hilarious there, thanks to
the actors who did it.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Gregor said:
revek meinte:

Not bad for a beginner. I suppose the question was "find 10 German
phrases containing `Arsch`". I count only three (the others are mere
compound words), but I'm confident you'll finally succeed. Perhaps
alt.assholes.among.themselves is the proper NG for that.

Keep it up!

ROTFL, YMMD!

\\// PointedEars

Gregor Kofler

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn meinte:
Gregor said:
revek meinte:
yehh Jeff, I'd like to speak clearly and just say what I think, without
tricks.
english is to poor to say what I think.. so I will say in German (which
would
better reflect what I think): [lots of rather scatological metaphors[1]]
Ah. Tourette-syndrome. Never read that in postings, but all the symptoms
are there. Nice.

Or it could simply be a troll. Do not feed.

Indeed. His (I somehow assume this retard must be a male) approach on
trolling is however way too clumsy to really suck you in.

Gregor

Gregor Kofler

Yes, Thomas, you are cockhead, tosspot and ****, bekloppt mit Ohren und
Bierficker.