javascript popup view by details

Tone

I have a very simple javascript popup that opens to
a drive folder, e.g.

c:\test

which is called as such:

<A HREF="javascript:popUp('C:/test')">Test Folder</A>

This displays the contents of the c:\temp folder
but defaults to a view of "large icons." Is there
a way to make it default to a view of "details?"

RobG

Tone wrote:

<A HREF="javascript:popUp('C:/test')">Test Folder</A>

What Andrew said: talk to Microsoft. Other browsers show a
standard detail view.

Here's another way of doing what you want that works in other browsers:

<script type="text/javascript">
function listFiles(link) {
var fileWindow = window.open(link,'aWindow','');
}
</script>
<form><input type="button" value="click"
onclick="listFiles('file:///c:/temp');">
</form>

Tone

Basically, the problem was that windows.open() in the
javascript didn't allow me the control I needed to
specify the appropriate command line parameters to
Windows Explorer. Perhaps there is a way, but I
didn't find it.

So, I found a solution that doesn't use windows.open().

Here is the code snippet:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--

function popUp(URL) {

var objShell = new ActiveXObject ( "Shell.Application" );
objShell.ShellExecute ( "explorer.exe", '/n,'+URL, "", "open", 1 );
}
// End -->
</script>

Tone

Hmmm . . . somehow this message got put on the wrong
thread. Trying again . . . .