JavaScript programmer at Earth.org

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by annechabot@earth.org, Sep 19, 2008.

  1. Guest

    JavaScript programmer for Earth.org (LAMP) (remote)

    At Earth.org we are building a Web2.0 travel guide with a responsible
    mindset, collaboratively sourced from users and travellers around the
    world. And we're not just talk about being responsible: at least 50%
    of our net profits will go into environmental, social and cultural
    projects.

    We are a 100% remote team around the world working on the initial beta
    which has been silently launched and needs your support to get off the
    ground. We are a small, open-minded and dedicated team and are looking
    for people who can work independently at the workplace of their choice
    - be it a beach in Bali, a cafe in Rio de Janeiro or your bedroom in
    Prague (due to time zone problems we can not consider Australia and
    New Zealand).

    To complete our technical team Earth.org is looking for 1 (one) more
    passionate, ingenious, responsible and underpaid full time Web 2.0
    JavaScript programmer (ideally 40 hours/week), who will play a central
    role in the technical development of Earth.org.

    Your tasks include:
    - JavaScript user interface for Earth.org
    - Advanced usage of Google maps
    - Integration of third party widgets into our web site
    - Interaction with remote APIs through JSON
    - Creation of widgets for third party web sites
    - Social network widgets (Facebook, MySpace, ...)

    Our requirements:
    - Minimum of 2 years experience in the JavaScript, ideally experience
    with larger web applications
    - Expirience with prototypeJS
    - Ideally experience with Facebook JS API and OpenSocial
    - Ideally you have a degree in computer science, and in any case a
    high degree of structured thinking
    - You know and use Web 2.0 applications (e.g. APIs, mashups), ideally
    you programmed in the field of web 2.0
    - Strong grasp of the English language
    - Ideally remote work experience, at least you have the ability to
    work with people from other countries, cultures, languages and belief
    structures
    - You share our environmental, social and cultural friendly mindset

    We can only take replies that contain:
    - A detailed description of your experience regarding our requirements
    - Your hourly fee

    Location: remote work at your preferred location
    Time horizon: minimum 12 months, preferable long-term

    Interested? Contact us at:
    E-mail:

    See all Earth.org open positions here: http://www.earth.org/pages/jobs

    , Sep 19, 2008