Javascript project seeking competent scripter/coder

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by merwin, Sep 25, 2008.

  1. merwin

    merwin Guest

    PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST. SEND REPLIES DIRECTLY TO ME.

    I'll apologize in advance since I'm guessing this is slightly off-
    topic.

    I'm not a coder, but I need some help, and my limited knowledge leads
    me to believe that javascript will be just sufficient for my needs.
    I'm also under a very tight budget, which is why I'm posting here.

    In short, I'm looking for someone to do some javascript coding, and
    specifically, I'm seeking quotes for the following effort:

    I have a storefront page I would like to update. Each item in the
    store is represented by a thumbnail picture. Below the picture are the
    words "Order [item name]."

    The thumbnail pictures follow a set naming pattern:
    xxx_t.jpg where xxx is a number.

    TASK 1) When a thumbnail picture is clicked, it should open a window
    with a larger version of the picture. These files have a parallel
    naming pattern:
    xxx.jpg where xxx is the number identical to the thumbnail of the
    graphic.

    If the larger window uses a lightbox effect, that's great, but not
    necessary.

    TASK 2) When the "Order Item" link is clicked, it should open an order
    form. Based on the item, some of the criteria on the order form should
    be predetermined/precustomized. These customizations are very tightly
    constrained -- there are only three possible order form options.

    TASK 3) Submit all the form data to a third party site called Mal's E-
    commerce. You may need to assist with the correct configuration of our
    Mal's E-commerce account.

    I could do tasks 1 and 2 myself in a very tedious fashion, manually,
    with HTML, multiple order forms, and so forth. It's painful, slow,
    redundant, and really, I know better.

    I could do tasks 1 and 2 in a very complex fashion, using a full blown
    shopping cart system and ready-made CMS along with a MySQL database.
    It's overkill, and I know better.

    Neither option is appealing. I believe this can all be handled with a
    simple bit of Javascript code. While PHP would be a workable
    alternative, I prefer not to use an external database. An array
    contained in a separate file would be tolerable. Regardless, I don't
    code, which is why I'm farming this out.

    If you feel you can write this Javascript code (or if you have a
    better suggestion) send me a quote, along with a resume with portfolio
    that calls out your work. DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST.

    This project may be performed entirely remotely. I'd prefer to meet in
    person at least once, but even that isn't necessary if you have
    sufficient references and documented credentials.

    Based on the amount and quality of responses, it may take some time to
    evaluate quotes and portfolios. I will respond personally to
    submissions as soon as I can.

    Thank you!
    merwin, Sep 25, 2008

  2. merwin wrote:
    > PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST. SEND REPLIES DIRECTLY TO ME.

    Please do not SHOUT. BTW, a Golden Rule of Usenet: Post here, read here.

    > I'll apologize in advance since I'm guessing this is slightly off-
    > topic.

    Knowing that something is off-topic and posting it still is pretty lame.
    But then, what to expect from an anonymous exploiter:

    > I'm not a coder, but I need some help, and my limited knowledge leads
    > me to believe that javascript will be just sufficient for my needs.
    > I'm also under a very tight budget, which is why I'm posting here.

    You don't say. FOAD.

    PointedEars
    --
    var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (