Javascript redirect

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by jonathanthio@yahoo.com.sg, May 25, 2005.

    I have a script called rd.js stored in http://nudelivelady.com/naked

    It contains one line

    this.location = "http://naked.nudelivelady.com"

    Now, many websites access that script. Any website that access that
    script will be redirected to http://naked.nudelivelady.com

    The problem is I don't know which websites access that script. Because
    when I check the webstats, the referrer is not noted due to the
    redirect.

    For example,

    If visitors click
    http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm
    and then click a link to http://nude.nudelivelady.com, then webstats
    would recoqnize that the referring page for
    http://nude.nudelivelady.com is
    http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm

    However, if a person go to http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm

    and get redirected to

    redirects to http://nude.nudelivelady.com

    the referrer is hidden.

    If I check the referrers in webstats, I wouldn't see
    http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm

    So I don't know how many visitors to
    http://nude.nudelivelady.com/index.htm come
    http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm

    It happens that http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm is in the
    same domain for simplicity sake. What about if it's in a different
    domain?

    In other words, if I use redirect, traffics coming from
    http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm will not contain referrer
    information as if traffics coming from a link in
    http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm

    How should I modify rd.js so that the http://nude.nudelivelady.com
    knows that the visitors came from
    http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm?

    Also, why do the javascript in http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage.htm
    doesn't work? I basically try to make a link point to
    http://nude.nudelivelady.com and use javascript to click on the link.

    , May 25, 2005