javascript return true or false

rkapur12

In my jsp code I have an image which if someone clicks on that it
stores data like "string1" in the hidden field that I have defined on
page as:

later when I click save button (with the following code:)

<input id="saveButtonId" type="button" value="Save"
onclick="javascript:save('counter')" class="mainBody"/></td>

this calls a method defined in javascript like this:

function save(counter){
func1(arg0)
document.form.submit();
}

function func1(arg0){
func2(arg1)
}

function func2(arg1){
line1
line2
line3
}

if I put alert in save method like alert("selectedOfficeType:
"+selectedOfficeType) Then it alerts "string1" as expected; if I put
alert in func1, I get "string1" and if I put alert in funct2 before
line1 or before line 2 I get the value "string1"

But the problem is that for some reason I don't get it (alert prints
undefined) after line2 or before line 3 and there after if I put alert
back in save method after making calling to func2 I get "undefined" as
the value.
Even if I comment out line 2 and line 3, it still prints out as
undefined. For some reason the value returned by alert in the begining
of the func2 is fine but towards the middle of the method it starts
alerting me "undefined" and thereafter back in save method it alerts
"undefined".

Could someone please help me with this; thank you so much.
-raj.

ASM

For some reason the value returned by alert in the begining
of the func2 is fine but towards the middle of the method it starts
alerting me "undefined" and thereafter back in save method it alerts
"undefined".

if anything wrong in line 2 or 3 that would have to work

it does work with that :

<script type="text/javascript">
function save(counter){
var arg0;
func1(arg0)
document.forms[0].submit();
}
function func1(arg0){
func2(arg0)
}
function func2(arg1){
line1=''
line2=''
line3=''
say();
}
function say(){
msg = document.forms[0].selectedOfficeType.value;
alert('selectedOfficeType = '+msg);
}
</script>
<form action="test.html" target="_blank">
<input type="button"
onclick="selectedOfficeType.value='string_1';"
value="fill hidden">
<input type="button" value="Save"
onclick="save('counter')" />
<input type="button"
onclick="selectedOfficeType.value='';"
value="empty hidden">
<input type="hidden" name="selectedOfficeType" value="" />
</form>