Javascript search engine

A2

is a possible to make a simple Javascript search engine for my site.
my site a directory so it would have to include lots of other site...
I a new to Javascript so this really hard for me.??

Evertjan.

A2 wrote on 17 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
is a possible to make a simple Javascript search engine for my site.

Yes it is, but the making is not that simple.
I would prefer serverside javascript to clientside.
my site a directory so it would have to include lots of other site...

Sorry, I do not understand. Please refrase.
Do you know the difference between a site and a page/file?
I a new to Javascript so this really hard for me.??

Probably.

Try more simple things first to learn javascript
an try again after a year or so.

Roman

A2 said:
is a possible to make a simple Javascript search engine for my site.
my site a directory so it would have to include lots of other site...
I a new to Javascript so this really hard for me.??

Google made it easy for you to build your own search engine even without
the JavaScript (or with). Go to Google Custom Search:

http://www.google.com/coop/cse/?hl=en

An example may be my search engine that searches only about 6 other
sites for electronic datasheets:

http://www.findspec.com/