Javascript, signing, and Netscape 7

Thomas Revor

I have a script used for automated file uploads (so people can create a
list and walk away). It currently works by uploading files all at
once. However, for security, tracking, and backups, I want to do it
one by one.

The way I would like to do it is to have a list of the files sent to
the server, then the server sends a script back to start the transfer
of the first file. When it's done, it should send back the script to
start the next transfer, etc.

When I do the complete list, it's done locally by a list generation
program on their system, then by using
netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalFileRead"),
allows the list to automatically fill the <input type=file...> forms
for each file.

Everything I've read says that I can initialize enablePrivilege by
using it with a signed script. And I have been able to get it to work
with Netscape 4.x. However, it doesn't seem to want to work with
Netscape 7.x.

Does anyone have any suggestions as how to do it?

BTW, I'm using the Unix version of signtool to create the signed
scripts.

Martin Honnen

Thomas said:
[...]

Maybe
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/signed-scripts.html
helps to point out how signed scripts are used with Netscape 7