    to work?

    Anyone have any ideas or can they point me to another style switcher?

    Hardeep.
    Hardeep Rakhra, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Hardeep Rakhra

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Toby A Inkster, Jan 15, 2004
  4. Re: Javascript Style Switcher that remebers current site style inuse

    brucie wrote:
    > in post: <news:bu4nc4$dcelf$-berlin.de>
    >
    > really bad idea, it will fail without JS. there no reason to implement
    > such a broken method.

    Well i'm relying on JS for my menus so putting JS in control of style
    switching doesn't sway the mix too much.

    The scrip i'm using does the job, just won't recall the last used style :(
    Hardeep Rakhra, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Hardeep Rakhra

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:bu5th8$e6ndr$-berlin.de>
    Hardeep Rakhra <> said:

    >> really bad idea, it will fail without JS. there no reason to implement
    >> such a broken method.

    > Well i'm relying on JS for my menus

    and form. you need to have a good rethink on what you're doing.

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude
    brucie, Jan 15, 2004
  6. Re: Javascript Style Switcher that remebers current site style inuse

    brucie wrote:

    > in post: <news:bu5th8$e6ndr$-berlin.de>

    > and form. you need to have a good rethink on what you're doing.

    Well, JS never killed anyone as i see it. From what i've been asked to
    achive it's the only way to go since IE won't do pure CSS dropdowns and
    unfortuantly IE is "the" browser as far as most are concerned. I myself
    am a Firebird person.

    Hardeep.
    Hardeep Rakhra, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Re: Javascript Style Switcher that remebers current site style inuse

    Hardeep Rakhra wrote:
    > Well, JS never killed anyone as i see it. From what i've been asked to
    > achive it's the only way to go since IE won't do pure CSS dropdowns

    First of all, you could make JS dropdowns which would still display (but
    not work as dropdowns) without JS. Secondly, dropdowns are hardly ever
    usable.
    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 15, 2004
  8. Hardeep Rakhra

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:bu6309$dhq70$-berlin.de>
    Hardeep Rakhra <> said:

    >> you need to have a good rethink on what you're doing.

    > Well, JS never killed anyone as i see it. From what i've been asked to
    > achive it's the only way to go since IE won't do pure CSS dropdowns and
    > unfortuantly IE is "the" browser as far as most are concerned. I myself
    > am a Firebird person.

    i was actually referring to the css changer. to reject a method that
    will always work for everyone for one that doesn't is just stupid.

    i'm also wondering about your form requiring JS.

    in both cases there are methods that will work for everyone all the time
    but you've chosen not to use them. it doesn't make sense.

    it doesn't matter if JS or server side scripting is used for the css
    changer or form, the method used to perform the actions are both
    transparent to the visitor /except/ when JS is unavailable they don't
    work.

    it would be sensible not to use JS or if its unavailable use an
    alternate method to perform the actions so all of your visitor can use
    your site. (but i don't see the point of using JS in this case, you may
    as well go server side).

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude
    brucie, Jan 15, 2004
  9. Re: Javascript Style Switcher that remebers current site style inuse

    Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    > Hardeep Rakhra wrote:
    >
    > First of all, you could make JS dropdowns which would still display (but
    > not work as dropdowns) without JS. Secondly, dropdowns are hardly ever
    > usable.

    Your right drop downs are a pain, but usualy cos they're used in excess.
    For a few items they're fine i think.

    Hardeep.
    Hardeep Rakhra, Jan 15, 2004