Javascript Style Switcher that remebers current site style in use

Hardeep Rakhra

Hi i'm trying to get a javascript style switcher working... im using the
one at;

http://www.notestips.com/80256B3A007F2692/1/NAMO5GK2NM

however only second @import implementation recalls the last selected
style sheet when i revisit my page. The first link version doesn't seem
to work?

Anyone have any ideas or can they point me to another style switcher?

Hardeep.

Hardeep Rakhra

brucie said:
in post: <
really bad idea, it will fail without JS. there no reason to implement
such a broken method.

Well i'm relying on JS for my menus so putting JS in control of style
switching doesn't sway the mix too much.

The scrip i'm using does the job, just won't recall the last used style :(

Hardeep Rakhra

brucie said:
and form. you need to have a good rethink on what you're doing.

Well, JS never killed anyone as i see it. From what i've been asked to
achive it's the only way to go since IE won't do pure CSS dropdowns and
unfortuantly IE is "the" browser as far as most are concerned. I myself
am a Firebird person.

Hardeep.

Leif K-Brooks

Hardeep said:
Well, JS never killed anyone as i see it. From what i've been asked to
achive it's the only way to go since IE won't do pure CSS dropdowns

First of all, you could make JS dropdowns which would still display (but
not work as dropdowns) without JS. Secondly, dropdowns are hardly ever
usable.

brucie

in post: <
Well, JS never killed anyone as i see it. From what i've been asked to
achive it's the only way to go since IE won't do pure CSS dropdowns and
unfortuantly IE is "the" browser as far as most are concerned. I myself
am a Firebird person.

i was actually referring to the css changer. to reject a method that
will always work for everyone for one that doesn't is just stupid.

i'm also wondering about your form requiring JS.

in both cases there are methods that will work for everyone all the time
but you've chosen not to use them. it doesn't make sense.

it doesn't matter if JS or server side scripting is used for the css
changer or form, the method used to perform the actions are both
transparent to the visitor /except/ when JS is unavailable they don't
work.

it would be sensible not to use JS or if its unavailable use an
alternate method to perform the actions so all of your visitor can use
your site. (but i don't see the point of using JS in this case, you may
as well go server side).

Hardeep Rakhra

Leif said:
Hardeep Rakhra wrote:

First of all, you could make JS dropdowns which would still display (but
not work as dropdowns) without JS. Secondly, dropdowns are hardly ever
usable.

Your right drop downs are a pain, but usualy cos they're used in excess.
For a few items they're fine i think.

Hardeep.