Javascript to make a page your home page

Janwillem Borleffs

When someone comes to my site I would like to check to see if their
homepage is set to my site. If it is then nothing is done. If it is
not then I'd like a link to appear that asks if they'd like to set
their home page to my site.

Can this be done? If so can someone post the code to do it?

Check the source of the Google index page (IE only);

JW

Zif

Hello,

I'd like to find out if the following can be done.

When someone comes to my site I would like to check to see if their
homepage is set to my site. If it is then nothing is done. If it is
not then I'd like a link to appear that asks if they'd like to set
their home page to my site.

Can this be done?

I hope not.

Pages offering links to "set the current page as your home page" have,
thankfully, almost compeltely disappeared over the last few years.

If so can someone post the code to do it?

I suspect that any such code will only work in certain browsers. I'd
like to see it too - any browser that allows script access to the home
page URL by default would be one to avoid. Any browser that allows
script, by default, to set the home page to some value would be one to
put on a black list of browsers to be completely avoided.

John W. Kennedy

Zif said:
I hope not.

Pages offering links to "set the current page as your home page" have,
thankfully, almost compeltely disappeared over the last few years.

I suspect that any such code will only work in certain browsers. I'd
like to see it too - any browser that allows script access to the home
page URL by default would be one to avoid. Any browser that allows
script, by default, to set the home page to some value would be one to
put on a black list of browsers to be completely avoided.

I just upgraded to Norton AntiVirus 2006 yesterday, and notice that it
includes a home-page-resetting blocker for IE.

--
John W. Kennedy
"But now is a new thing which is very old--

Randy Webb

John W. Kennedy said the following on 2/14/2006 7:51 PM:
I just upgraded to Norton AntiVirus 2006 yesterday, and notice that it
includes a home-page-resetting blocker for IE.

I tested Norton a few weeks ago. The only problem it found? It had a
major red-flag that I had a virus *and* a trojan. It's proof? My
homepage had been set (by me no less) to about: blank and according to
Norton that was resounding proof that I had a trojan and a virus.

I trust Norton as far as it takes me to click the "Uninstall this junk"
button on it.