Javascript ui toolkit based on divs and images

kaddi.k.company

Hi All,

Are there any javascript widget libraries which do NOT use html
elements (buttton, chcekbox etc) directly. All the core html elements
needs to be emulated using div, img.

Any academic/commercial projects which has tried this? Any work in
open source? We are trying to implement a emulator for which the ui
definition is available in xml format (with minimal base components
such as div, image, text only)

Regards,
Kaddi

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Are there any javascript widget libraries which do NOT use html
elements (buttton, chcekbox etc) directly.

Probably, but nobody in their right mind would use them. Nothing would work
without scripting.
All the core html elements needs to be emulated using div, img.

Now that's a really BAD idea. But I have seen people making this mistake.
Any academic/commercial projects which has tried this? Any work in
open source? We are trying to implement a emulator for which the ui
definition is available in xml format

"There is only XUL." :)
(with minimal base components such as div, image, text only)

I don't follow. `div' *is* an (X)HTML element.

PointedEars