Javascript & URL referencing

Marc

I am trying to pass a url to a new window using javascript. Critical
information is encrypted, URL encoded and then included as part of the
URL. The problem is that something is changing the URL reference to
ABSOLUTE and the encoded portion of the URL is reverting back to what
it was before being encoded. This does not happen if Javascript is
not involved and I am just opening a URL in the same window. Here is
the source code:

<a target='SalesRep' href='salesrep.asp?user=%D85%0B%18'
onclick="window.open('','SalesRep','scrollbar=no,status=no,toolbar=no,resizable=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no,width=267,height=277');"
title='SalesRep'>Click here for information about your sales
representative.</a>

The link shows up as http://www.mydomain.com/salesrep.asp?user=Ø5

Is this a Javascript thing? I figure that it must be since everything
works fine if I link to URLs using the same window. Any help would be
very appreciated.

Thanks