Javascript & URL referencing

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Marc, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. Marc

    Marc Guest

    I am trying to pass a url to a new window using javascript. Critical
    information is encrypted, URL encoded and then included as part of the
    URL. The problem is that something is changing the URL reference to
    ABSOLUTE and the encoded portion of the URL is reverting back to what
    it was before being encoded. This does not happen if Javascript is
    not involved and I am just opening a URL in the same window. Here is
    the source code:

    <a target='SalesRep' href='salesrep.asp?user=%D85%0B%18'
    onclick="window.open('','SalesRep','scrollbar=no,status=no,toolbar=no,resizable=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no,width=267,height=277');"
    title='SalesRep'>Click here for information about your sales
    representative.</a>

    The link shows up as http://www.mydomain.com/salesrep.asp?user=Ø5

    Is this a Javascript thing? I figure that it must be since everything
    works fine if I link to URLs using the same window. Any help would be
    very appreciated.

    Thanks
    Marc, Jun 24, 2004