javascript > variable reset help!

CADD

I've used http://www.bloglines.com to add RSS feeds to my sites there
and setup javascript in my website to search bloglines for the input
term.

The code below works perfect, but I have 1 minor issue, hopefully
someone more family with javascript can help me out with.

1) the variables do not reset, so any future searches return the same
previous returned link, unless i clear settings/cookies.

{CODE}

<script language="JavaScript">
var name = "<person/>";
<![CDATA[
function Popup(){
var rssURL = "http://www.bloglines.com/search?q=";
var winWidth=800;
var winHeight=600;
var winScrollbars="yes";
var winToolbar="yes";
var winSizeable="yes";
var winLocation="yes";
var winDirectories="yes";
var winStatus="yes";
var winMenubar="yes";
var winCopyHistory="yes";
newWin=window.open(rssURL+name,"",
"copyhistory="+winCopyHistory+
",menubar="+winMenubar+
",status="+winStatus+
",directories="+winDirectories+
",location="+winLocation+
",resizable="+winSizeable+
",toolbar="+winToolbar+
",scrollbars="+winScrollbars+
",height="+winHeight+
",width="+winWidth);

}

]]>
</script>
{END CODE}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CADD

CADD

CADD said:
[...]

I was able to resolve my issue by replacing the previous code with
this:

<script language="JavaScript">
var str="<person/>"
document.write((str.link("http://www.bloglines.com/search?q=<person/>"))

</script>

the only problem now is getting it to open in a new window.

Any ideas?