    than JavaScript?
    Thanks in advance,

    Roy
    =?Utf-8?B?Um95?=, Oct 19, 2007

  2. "Roy" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Our client applies IE as their only acceptable browser, so it makes more
    > sense for us to employ only VbScript as the client side language.

    ??? Why does it make more sense...?

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Oct 19, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Um95?=

    Aidy Guest

    I can't think of any real advantage javascript has over VBS, but I'd
    recommend you still not use VBScript and use javascript anyway. The may use
    a version of IE that supports VBS now, but what about in the future? What
    about when the MD wants to access the system from home on FireFox? What
    happens if MS ditch VBS support in the future?

    To future-proof your solution I'd advise you use javascript.

    Aidy, Oct 19, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Um95?=

    bruce barker Guest

    the main restriction of vbscript is event handling in the browser.
    vbscript events can not fire until after load, so can not be used for
    inline events, also you can not dynamically attach them.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Oct 19, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Um95?=

    sloan Guest

    My opinion is this was ok logic for a IE intranet application, 6-7 years
    ago.

    But I don't think it makes sense today.

    Stick with javascript.

    sloan, Oct 19, 2007
  6. On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:34:07 -0700, Roy
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >Our client applies IE as their only acceptable browser, so it makes more
    >sense for us to employ only VbScript as the client side language. My question
    >is this, is there any area that VbScript has deficiency or is less compatible
    >than JavaScript?
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >Roy

    If I were you I'd go the javascript route for a number of reasons:
    - Much more code and examples are available in javascript than
    vbscript
    - Things change -- tomorrow you might have to support firefox or
    netscape navigator or safari. Do the grunt work early

    --
    http://bytes.thinkersroom.com
    Rad [Visual C# MVP], Oct 19, 2007