Javascripts retrieved via WebResource.axd

nick

I've been trying to figure out why my website is running slowly. After
monitoring the requests the browser is sending it appears as though
there are three requests made to WebResource.axd (e.g.
http://.../WebResource.axd?d=x444omC-sedK6soyZeKxwRaD6gK1TGmYk35QepKsxyE1&t=632665449287895056).
These return JavaScripts which appear to be part of the ASP.Net 2.0
framework.

An example of the methods contained within one of these scripts is as
follows:

WebForm_PostBackOptions
WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions
WebForm_DoCallback

The problem I'm having is that everytime I refresh the page the browser
is downloading these scrips (i.e. they are not being cached). My
question therefore is what are they for and how do I get them cached?

Thanks for any help

Nick