    Anybody here knows group for Javascript or about book(s) that can help
    one in being a pro scripter.
    TIA

    Keshav Sharma, Jul 13, 2010

  2. Keshav Sharma

    Call Me Tom Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:41:27 +0530, Keshav Sharma
    <> wrote:

    >Can anyone here give me an Idea of which book should I read for learning
    >Javascripts? (There are too many books that I find on Google!!! which
    >one to read?)
    >Is it correct to ask it here or should I ask it in a different group?
    >Anybody here knows group for Javascript or about book(s) that can help
    >one in being a pro scripter.
    >TIA

    comp.lang.javascript

    Call Me Tom, Jul 13, 2010

  3. Keshav Sharma

    MG Guest

    "Keshav Sharma" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone here give me an Idea of which book should I read for learning
    > Javascripts? (There are too many books that I find on Google!!! which one
    > to read?)
    > Is it correct to ask it here or should I ask it in a different group?
    > Anybody here knows group for Javascript or about book(s) that can help one
    > in being a pro scripter.
    > TIA

    The correct place to ask is comp.lang.javascript.

    The answer you will get there is:
    Look at the FAQ.
    There is a daily FAQ which will refer you to http://jibbering.com/faq/

    In there you will see a recommendation to:
    "JavaScript: The Definitive Guide," 5th Edition, by David Flanagan

    I believe the 6th edition is coming out in Sept. Might be worth waiting for.
    But the 5th edition will get you going.

    MG

    MG, Jul 13, 2010
  4. On 7/13/2010 5:59 PM, MG wrote:
    > "Keshav Sharma"<> wrote in message
    >> Anybody here knows group for Javascript or about book(s) that can help one
    >> in being a pro scripter.
    >> TIA

    > There is a daily FAQ which will refer you to http://jibbering.com/faq/
    >
    > In there you will see a recommendation to:
    > "JavaScript: The Definitive Guide," 5th Edition, by David Flanagan
    >
    > I believe the 6th edition is coming out in Sept. Might be worth waiting for.
    > But the 5th edition will get you going.

    Thanks a lot!!!!

    Keshav Sharma, Jul 13, 2010
  5. Keshav Sharma

    gwhipple

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Langley, BC
    Can anyone tell me how to, or give an example of a picture with text script that works well. like a picture on the left and text on the right, simple but nice. It can be different, there is a lot of great ideas and designs out there I am somewhat of a newbie, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

    Gary

    gwhipple, Aug 30, 2010