JavaServer Faces (JSF) Question

ranma79

I've been reading a bit about JSF and one of the large advantages that
everyone says JSF has is that it enables developers to create Web
applications that are not specific to a particular rendering kit. My
question is, what does that mean exactly? Thanks!

Chris Smith

ranma79 said:
I've been reading a bit about JSF and one of the large advantages that
everyone says JSF has is that it enables developers to create Web
applications that are not specific to a particular rendering kit. My
question is, what does that mean exactly? Thanks!

It means that you can build an application that interacts with logical
controls (such as UICommand, for example), and then adapt the user
interface to other environments besides HTML. The work isn't done for
you, though, so unless you're willing to put effort into developing
renderers for very basic controls, it's a theoretical advantage rather
than a practical one. And, of course, some effort (such as developing
JSP pages) will always be lost.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation