JavaServer Faces

one

Is the jsf really for production use?

I tried a sample app. (jsf-demo-jack) from ibm.com/developerWorks tutorial.
I found that it has problem refreshing the page.

i.e. sometimes, the submit button clicked, the page does not go to next
page. Only, after manually refresh the browser then it goes.

So, the question is 'the above refresh problem' is caused by the jsf or not?
ie. the limitation of jsf.

any comments?

hiwa

one said:
Is the jsf really for production use?

I tried a sample app. (jsf-demo-jack) from ibm.com/developerWorks tutorial.
I found that it has problem refreshing the page.

i.e. sometimes, the submit button clicked, the page does not go to next
page. Only, after manually refresh the browser then it goes.

So, the question is 'the above refresh problem' is caused by the jsf or not?
ie. the limitation of jsf.

any comments?
Read this article and try JSF EA4.
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-11-2003/jw-1114-jsfredux.html?

Ajay Patil

I think the IBM release is a different (older) version than the EA4
released on the Sun website.

I've tried EA4 and the Refresh problem does exist in EA4. It also
means that you cannot bookmark a particular JSP in your web application.

I think the Sun folks (expert group) are trying hard to fix
this problem in JSF. I dont know whether the problem is in the specification
itself or just a bug in the early access release.

This problem was discussed in the Sun mailing lists but there was not
clear reply from the specification leads.

Ajay