Javaspace - read a value

Discussion in 'Java' started by Eitan M, Aug 12, 2007.

  1. Eitan M

    Eitan M Guest

    Hello,
    (If there is other good newsgroup for JINI technology & JavaSpace, please
    let me know).

    I want to read an Entry from a javaspace.

    The Entry has elements :
    public String board;
    public integer count;

    when I do space.read(template , ... ) (space is Javaspace),
    The board and count must be identical
    (if board = "abc" and count = 2,
    and I do : space.read(template, "abc", 2) - the result is not null,
    otherwise it is null).
    count is just an information and is not for identifiing the Entry,

    but what if I want to keep information, and not just identifications ?

    I have tried to change
    public Integer count; -> private Integer count; & protected Integer count;

    at both cases (private or protected) - the count value is always "zero",
    even when it is changed and been write again to javaspace,
    so I cannot reffer it.

    Thanks :)

    Eitan M, Aug 12, 2007