Javaspace - read a value

Eitan M

Hello,
(If there is other good newsgroup for JINI technology & JavaSpace, please
let me know).

I want to read an Entry from a javaspace.

The Entry has elements :
public String board;
public integer count;

when I do space.read(template , ... ) (space is Javaspace),
The board and count must be identical
(if board = "abc" and count = 2,
and I do : space.read(template, "abc", 2) - the result is not null,
otherwise it is null).
count is just an information and is not for identifiing the Entry,

but what if I want to keep information, and not just identifications ?

I have tried to change
public Integer count; -> private Integer count; & protected Integer count;

at both cases (private or protected) - the count value is always "zero",
even when it is changed and been write again to javaspace,
so I cannot reffer it.

Thanks :)