javax.servlet and javax.servlet.http

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrew Thompson, Apr 24, 2007.

  1. newbie_at_tomcat wrote:
    >What (more) is needed to enable Eclipse to resolve the
    > import for javax.servlet and javax.servlet.http?

    Add the jar's to the compilation and runtime classpath.
    If you are not able to figure how to do that (I suggest,
    in the first instance 'F1 - search - classpath - enter',
    then if that does not work for you,) take it up on one
    of the Eclipse groups, found here.
    <http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Apr 24, 2007

  2. Hi,

    I try to work with the javax.servlet and javax.servlet.http classes.
    So first I downloaded them from java.sun.com. The download results in a servlet.jar file.
    Simply putting this file in jre directory does not enable Eclipse (3.3) to resolve the import for javax.servlet and javax.servlet.http.
    Then I have downloaded the J2SE jdk 1.5 update 11 winstall package from java.sun.com and installed the JDK + its own JRE.
    Eclipse is not able to resolve the import for javax.servlet and javax.servlet.http.
    Then I have created a JAVA_HOME env. var that points to: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\lib and copied servlet.jar to this direcory.
    Eclipse is still not able to resolve the import for javax.servlet and javax.servlet.http.

    What (more) is needed to enable Eclipse to resolve the import for javax.servlet and javax.servlet.http?

    Any help is much appreciated!

    newbie_at_tomcat, Apr 25, 2007