javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Could not find function: empty

Discussion in 'Java' started by Abdelhalim, Jul 5, 2007.

  1. Abdelhalim

    Abdelhalim Guest

    Hello,

    I'm using xalan-j 2.6, and trying to invoke a transformation using XSL
    file that contains the function "empty", but I'm getting the below
    exception, I think the empty function is a valid XPath function, and
    XML Spy can translate docuements using this XSL file without any
    problems.

    Is it a bug in xalan? I tried 2.7 but I got the same exception.

    Any idea what's happening?

    javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Could not find function:
    empty
    at org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.error(XPathParser.java:602)
    at
    org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.FunctionCall(XPathParser.java:
    1449)
    at org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.PrimaryExpr(XPathParser.java:
    1388)
    at org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.FilterExpr(XPathParser.java:
    1287)
    at org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.PathExpr(XPathParser.java:
    1220)
    at org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.UnionExpr(XPathParser.java:
    1178)
    at org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.UnaryExpr(XPathParser.java:
    1084)
    at
    org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.MultiplicativeExpr(XPathParser.java:
    1005)
    at
    org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.AdditiveExpr(XPathParser.java:
    947)
    at
    org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.RelationalExpr(XPathParser.java:
    872)

    Abdelhalim, Jul 5, 2007

  2. Abdelhalim

    Twisted Guest

    On Jul 5, 6:11 pm, Abdelhalim <> wrote:
    > javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Could not find function:

    javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: More than meets the eye!
    at org.prime.optimus.Transformer.becomeTruck() (Transformer.java:407)
    at org.prime.optimus.Transformer.beginFancyStuntDriving()
    (Transformer.java:719)
    at
    org.prime.optimus.Transformer.openWhoopAssCan(org.prime.optimus.WhoopAssCan)
    (Transformer.java:113)
    at
    org.prime.optimus.Transformer.threatDetected(org.prime.optimus.Decepticon)
    (Transformer.java:95)
    at org.prime.optimus.SystemThread.run() (SystemThread.java: 17)
    at org.prime.optimus.Main.main(int,char[]) (Main.java: 13)

    Sorry, couldn't resist.

    Twisted, Jul 6, 2007

  3. Abdelhalim

    Tom Hawtin Guest

    Re: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Could not find function:empty

    Abdelhalim wrote:

    > I'm using xalan-j 2.6, and trying to invoke a transformation using XSL
    > file that contains the function "empty", but I'm getting the below
    > exception, I think the empty function is a valid XPath function, and
    > XML Spy can translate docuements using this XSL file without any
    > problems.

    Do you mean that you think empty is a standard function, or that you
    have defined a function called "empty" in the XSLT file? If the former,
    why do you think that? If the latter, Xalan does not support XSLT 2.0 as
    yet, which I believe is necessary to define a function without
    non-standard extensions.

    Tom Hawtin

    Tom Hawtin, Jul 6, 2007