Jave and Xerces - testing the Sax.SaxCount class

Badebecq

I am new to Java and XML and I am trying to solve a problem that has
bothered for few days.

I have download the parser Xerser-1.4.4 and j2sdk1.4.1_04 I install
the JDK first and test it, it works.

Then I install the parser, using this command right under the C drive.
jar xf xerces-j-bin.1.4.4.zip
This creates a directory named xerces-1_4_4.
I set the CLASSPATH to
".;C:\xerces-1_4_4\xerces.jar;C:\xerces-1_4_4\xercesSamples.jar;
and I type the command "cd C:\xerces-1_4_4". This brings me to the
directory. Then I issue the command "java sax.saxcount
data/personal.xml –v"
I get the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang,NoClassDefFoundError:
sax/saxcount

I am very sure I have defined the classpath for the parser and my java
is working.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,