    Is there a Javascript that will force readers to download a PDF file, rather
    than readers opening it, and getting confused how to download it.

    Thxs

    NUG-IT, Jul 25, 2003

  2. NUG-IT wrote:
    > Is there a Javascript that will force readers to download a PDF file,

    No

    > rather than readers opening it, and getting confused how to download
    > it.

    you need an Estwing or a Purdy

    > Thxs

    Welcome.

    --
    William Tasso - http://www.WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Jul 25, 2003

  3. NUG-IT

    NUG-IT Guest

    Bill:

    What is a Estwing or a Purdy?

    Thxs: Phil

    NUG-IT, Jul 25, 2003
  4. NUG-IT

    brucie Guest

    In post <gdeUa.2801$>
    NUG-IT said...

    > Is there a Javascript that will force readers to download a PDF file, rather
    > than readers opening it,

    there is nothing that will force that behavior. what happens is
    determined by the visitors settings.

    > and getting confused how to download it.

    supply instructions

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 26/July/2003 07:48:15 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jul 25, 2003
  5. NUG-IT

    NUG-IT Guest

    You could lock out right click can't you?

    Then you should be able to lock out left click.

    Phil

    NUG-IT, Jul 25, 2003
  6. NUG-IT

    brucie Guest

    In post <7MhUa.2845$>
    NUG-IT said...

    > You could lock out right click can't you?

    no

    > Then you should be able to lock out left click.

    no

    please don't toppost
    How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 26/July/2003 08:03:52 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jul 25, 2003
  7. NUG-IT

    NUG-IT Guest

    I searched Yahoo and found examples of:
    disable right click and
    disable left click

    Phil

    NUG-IT, Jul 25, 2003
  8. NUG-IT wrote:
    > "NUG-IT" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there a Javascript that will force readers to download a PDF
    >> file, rather than readers opening it, and getting confused how to
    >> download it.
    >>

    > I searched Yahoo and found examples of:
    > disable right click

    no you didn't.

    > and disable left click

    no you didn't.

    you found futile attempts by clueless newbies

    --
    William Tasso - http://www.WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Jul 25, 2003
  9. NUG-IT

    NUG-IT Guest

    Give this a try and let me know where my holes are.

    It seems to work.

    Phil

    PS Probably you will shoot it full of holes.
    PSPS I appreciate your help

    NUG-IT, Jul 25, 2003
  10. NUG-IT

    NUG-IT Guest

    http://www.nug-it.org/magazine/index_new.htm

    Sorry dropped the link.

    Phill

    NUG-IT, Jul 25, 2003
  11. NUG-IT

    NUG-IT Guest

    I guess that is not the answer.

    Phil

    NUG-IT, Jul 26, 2003
  12. NUG-IT

    rf Guest

    "NUG-IT" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.nug-it.org/magazine/index_new.htm
    >
    > Sorry dropped the link.

    This is one of the more clueless attempts.

    Left button down, enter key to dismiss the alert, left button up.

    Now, why don't we all move on to more important things, like improving our
    content?

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 26, 2003