JAX-RPC webcentric webservice Sun One Studio 5, getRuntime

Sam

Dear all,

I'm trying to program a simple web service that relies on an existing
executable. This executable (a fortran program) has to be called from
the webservice.

I use Sub One Studio 5 to develop the java classes as wel as
webservice development from these classes. I have one 'big' problem
though... I want to deploy the exe file in the war file, and want to
call that exe. But the I get an error when I try to run the exe...
file not found? How do I tell the system where to find the exe, where
should I put the exe?

If I put the exe in the "bin" directory where Sun One Studio is
installed it works -> "c:\studio5_se\bin". But this is no solution for
me. I develop the software on my machine, but once it is up and
running I want to deploy it to a "server" running Tomcat (Tomcat
because I can get it running this way, at least, as described above).
Also, if I write files to the system, they are also placed in that
directory... This is not exactly what I want. I would want them to be
in the same dir as the webservice resides.

Could anyone give me some pointers