JAXB suppressing xsi:type information dusring marshalling

ajohendran

Hi,
I didn't get any response at JAXB users mailing list. Was wondering
if someone here can give me some pointers.

Is there a way to suppress the xsi:type
information in the marshaled xml file? JAXB automatically generates
type
info when there is a base class/subclass relationship. It makes sense.
However, the people who are using the XML file we generate do not want
the type info. They provided us with the XSD and for that XSD JAXB
generates the type info at relevant places.

We are generating some huge xml files and it will be great if the type
info can be suppressed since it is not being used.

For example, I'd like to suppress the generation of
xsi:type="attrString", xsi:type="list" and so on during marshalling.

<Attribute>
<Name>Early Termination Schedule</Name>
<Value xsi:type="list">
<List>