JAXM returning '&lt;' and '&gt;' rather than "<" and ">"

Discussion in 'Java' started by thebusiness@gmail.com, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi guys

    I'm up against a very annoying problem.

    I'm tryint to use JAXM to call a simple PHP nuSoap web service.

    I am using SOAPMessage/SOAPPart/SOAPEnvelope etc, however when i
    receive the message from the server i get:

    &lt;symbol&gt;great&lt;/symbol&gt;

    rather than:
    <symbol>great</symbol>

    Does anyone have any idea why its converting '<' to '&lt;'???

    Any help would be most appreciated, i've been frustrated by this for
    hours!

    (Note the xml just dumps out "<symbol>great</symbol>" - it does not
    encode it at all!)

    Cheers

    Jon

    (full dump of SOAPMessage below)

    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
    xmlns:si="http://soapinterop.org/xsd">
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <ns1:qcResponse
    xmlns:ns1="http://linus.imvs.sa.gov.au/~iisjsoo/soap/testwsdl.php?wsdl"><return
    xsi:type="xsd:string">
    &lt;symbol&gt;great&lt;/symbol&gt;
    </return></ns1:qcResponse></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

    , Jun 14, 2005