JAXM vs JAX-RPC

David Thielen

Hello;

I need to create a web service that basically is passed two large xml
files and returns a third file that is not xml.

It seems to me that JAXM makes more sense than JAX-RPC. But the most
recent j2ee sdk from Sun basically doesn't mention JAXM. Is it going
away?

Or should I be using JAX-RPC regardless?

And if the answer is JAXM, is there a way to create a server that can
run stand-alone but can also run in a j2ee server using it's
messaging? Or do you have to code specifically to the messaging method
used?

thanks - dave

david@[email protected]
Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com
DefendTek -- http://www.DefendTek.com
Page 2 Stage -- http://www.Page2Stage.com
Enemy Nations -- http://www.EnemyNations.com
me -- http://dave.thielen.com
Barbie Science Fair -- http://www.BarbieScienceFair.info
Hillary Clinton -- http://www.HillaryIn2004.org
(yes I have lots of links)

iksrazal

David Thielen said:
Hello;

I need to create a web service that basically is passed two large xml
files and returns a third file that is not xml.

You could simply embed the xml files into two strings - I do that a
lot. See SAAJ for binary attachments.
It seems to me that JAXM makes more sense than JAX-RPC. But the most
recent j2ee sdk from Sun basically doesn't mention JAXM. Is it going
away?

Or should I be using JAX-RPC regardless?

JAXM has yet to gain traction - and may never. The advantage of
JAX-RPC is that plenty of people use it and therefore there are lots
of examples/help available.

iksrazal