JAXM vs JAX-RPC

Discussion in 'Java' started by David Thielen, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Hello;

    I need to create a web service that basically is passed two large xml
    files and returns a third file that is not xml.

    It seems to me that JAXM makes more sense than JAX-RPC. But the most
    recent j2ee sdk from Sun basically doesn't mention JAXM. Is it going
    away?

    Or should I be using JAX-RPC regardless?

    And if the answer is JAXM, is there a way to create a server that can
    run stand-alone but can also run in a j2ee server using it's
    messaging? Or do you have to code specifically to the messaging method
    used?

    thanks - dave

    david@
    Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com
    DefendTek -- http://www.DefendTek.com
    Page 2 Stage -- http://www.Page2Stage.com
    Enemy Nations -- http://www.EnemyNations.com
    me -- http://dave.thielen.com
    Barbie Science Fair -- http://www.BarbieScienceFair.info
    Hillary Clinton -- http://www.HillaryIn2004.org
    (yes I have lots of links)

    David Thielen, Mar 4, 2004

  2. David Thielen

    iksrazal Guest

    David Thielen <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello;
    >
    > I need to create a web service that basically is passed two large xml
    > files and returns a third file that is not xml.

    You could simply embed the xml files into two strings - I do that a
    lot. See SAAJ for binary attachments.

    > It seems to me that JAXM makes more sense than JAX-RPC. But the most
    > recent j2ee sdk from Sun basically doesn't mention JAXM. Is it going
    > away?
    >
    > Or should I be using JAX-RPC regardless?

    JAXM has yet to gain traction - and may never. The advantage of
    JAX-RPC is that plenty of people use it and therefore there are lots
    of examples/help available.

    iksrazal
    iksrazal, Mar 5, 2004

  3. David Thielen