JAXP entity problem

Discussion in 'XML' started by Bloody Viking, Jan 6, 2005.

  1. I'm using a variation on Donald Leslie's
    JAXPTransletMultipleTransformations.java
    (http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/group/xml...ets/JAXPTransletMultipleTransformations.java),
    and it seems to work just fine. But then I copied it, the xml and the
    xslt over to another machine (both SPARC boxes) and got a strange
    result: character entities are getting translated strangely. For
    instance, ê is translated to \352, and â to \342. Any idea
    what might cause this?

    When I process the same XML with the same XSLT from the command-line
    with
    java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process
    it works correctly (on either machine).

    Why?

    The first few lines of my XSLT follows. I tried changing the encoding
    to "UTF-8" or "UTF-16". That didn't change the results.

    xmlns:str="http://xsltsl.org/string" version="1.0">
    <xsl:import href="string.xsl"/>
    <xsl:eek:utput method="html" indent="no" version="4.0"
    encoding="ISO-8859-1"/>

    Bloody Viking, Jan 6, 2005