Jboss 4.0.5, ejb3, remote client

natG

Hi;
For a ejb3 app deployed on Jboss 405, that I want to access from a remote
(non-web, fat) client,
1. Which jars need to be in the client's classpath?
2. [In the code,] Do I still need to do it the ejb 2.x way or is there a
better way. (With a servlet I can now lookup "MyBean/local" and there is
no need to call the jndi narrow stuff.) I am hoping that I can do the
same on a remote.

Thanks
nat

Danno

http://docs.jboss.org/ejb3/app-serv...jboss/tutorial/jndibinding/client/Client.java

natG

Hi;
For a ejb3 app deployed on Jboss 405, that I want to access from a
remote (non-web, fat) client,
1. Which jars need to be in the client's classpath? 2. [In the code,]
Do I still need to do it the ejb 2.x way or is there a better way.
(With a servlet I can now lookup "MyBean/local" and there is no need to
call the jndi narrow stuff.) I am hoping that I can do the same on a
remote.

Thanks
nat

http://docs.jboss.org/ejb3/app-server/tutorial/jndibinding/src/org/
jboss/tutorial/jndibinding/client/Client.java

Thanks Danno.

I still need to know please; Which jars need to be in the client's
classpath?

Thank you much
nat

Guest

natG said:
I still need to know please; Which jars need to be in the client's
classpath?

I have not used the EJB 3 features, but it used to be enough to
just have jbossall-client.jar in classpath !

Arne

natG

I have not used the EJB 3 features, but it used to be enough to just
have jbossall-client.jar in classpath !
Not any more. Maybe on JBoss 5. But on 4.0x with ejb3 there are more
files but doing a google on this and sifting thru the material leads to
many conflicting ideas, some listing as many as five different jars.

nat

Danno

Not any more. Maybe on JBoss 5. But on 4.0x with ejb3 there are more
files but doing a google on this and sifting thru the material leads to
many conflicting ideas, some listing as many as five different jars.

nat

I guess it depends on what you need, put jbossall-client.jar and place
in accordingly into your client any jar files required at compile and
runtime. I am sure that once final is out, it will be all in one. You
may want to search their bug tracking stuff to make sure they know
about it, I am sure they'll appreciate it. ;)