    ds.xml and several other likely search strings, but I have found nothing
    comprehensive about how to properly package a full-range JBoss enterprise
    application involving Servlets, EJBs and RAs. Any other suggestions?

    Karl Uppiano, Aug 11, 2006

  2. Karl Uppiano wrote:
    > I am looking for JBoss documentation that talks about packaging best
    > practices for JBoss. I have an EAR file containing three WAR files, two EJB
    > jars and a RAR file. It deploys and runs just fine on the Sun Appserver PE 8
    > & 9, but I am clearly lacking something for JBoss. I found a few references
    > and samples of the so-called *-ds.xml file, but no schema, and no clear
    > indication of where it goes in the EAR assembly.

    The xxxx-ds.xml files deployed defines datasources.

    They should not (and very likely can not) be in an ear file.

    They are not part of the application but part of the server
    configuration.

    In most other servers such stuff is defined in server
    config files and/or server admin tools.

    It is just easier in JBoss.

    Arne

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Aug 11, 2006

  3. Karl Uppiano

    Karl Uppiano Guest

    "Arne Vajhøj" <> wrote in message
    > Karl Uppiano wrote:
    >> I am looking for JBoss documentation that talks about packaging best
    >> practices for JBoss. I have an EAR file containing three WAR files, two
    >> EJB jars and a RAR file. It deploys and runs just fine on the Sun
    >> Appserver PE 8 & 9, but I am clearly lacking something for JBoss. I found
    >> a few references and samples of the so-called *-ds.xml file, but no
    >> schema, and no clear indication of where it goes in the EAR assembly.

    > The xxxx-ds.xml files deployed defines datasources.
    >
    > They should not (and very likely can not) be in an ear file.
    >
    > They are not part of the application but part of the server
    > configuration.
    >
    > In most other servers such stuff is defined in server
    > config files and/or server admin tools.
    >
    > It is just easier in JBoss.
    >
    > Arne

    Thanks Arne. I am slowly finding bits and pieces of the puzzle.

    Karl Uppiano, Aug 12, 2006