JBoss and log4j

tony vee

Hi

I am trying to configure JBoss so that an enterprise application I have
written is able to use a separate log4j configuration file from the main
server. Currently, both the server and application use the same log4j config
file. Since the Logger class is static, and the server and appliction use
the same classloader, calling PropertyConfigurator.configure("myLogFile")
changes the logger for both server and appliction. This is not what I
want -I need the one log4j config file for the server and one log4j config
file for the application.

I believe that the solution may well revolve around using a separate
classloader for server and application. If so, I would very much appreciate
it if anyone could give me any information on impelemting this (or the URL
to this info). If not, any ideas would be gratefully received

Thanks

Tony