JBoss and log4j

Discussion in 'Java' started by tony vee, Sep 10, 2004.

  1. tony vee

    tony vee Guest

    Hi

    I am trying to configure JBoss so that an enterprise application I have
    written is able to use a separate log4j configuration file from the main
    server. Currently, both the server and application use the same log4j config
    file. Since the Logger class is static, and the server and appliction use
    the same classloader, calling PropertyConfigurator.configure("myLogFile")
    changes the logger for both server and appliction. This is not what I
    want -I need the one log4j config file for the server and one log4j config
    file for the application.

    I believe that the solution may well revolve around using a separate
    classloader for server and application. If so, I would very much appreciate
    it if anyone could give me any information on impelemting this (or the URL
    to this info). If not, any ideas would be gratefully received

    Thanks

    Tony

    tony vee, Sep 10, 2004