JBoss Clustering: Manual switch between instances using fail-over feature

Discussion in 'Java' started by Samuel Stammbach, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Hi all,
    I have a special need about JBoss clustering:
    I work in air traffic control, where everything need to be redundant.
    Currentely I am implementing a prototype, where business logic is
    handled in EJB container (Entity beans & session bean). My goal is to
    use JBoss clustering as a replication tool, and to use fail-over
    feature.
    I have the following "special need":
    In case of failure, the switch between the failed JBoss instance and a
    running one, should be managed by an operator. This kind of behaviour
    is not quiet natural, as it is supposed to be transparent for ejb
    clients. We bought full JBoss documentation, but have not found a way
    how to make it.
    I would like to somehow "activate" a running instance, in order to
    make it operational. EJB Clients could start or finalize their
    transactions only when a running instance is set to "operational".

    Someone have infos about the simplest way to proceed followings?
    - Manually set an instance of a JBoss cluster active during runtime
    (from an administration console for example)
    - Receive a notification when a JBoss instance failed (pop-up in
    administration console)

    THANKS FOR ANY REPLY

    Cheers

    Sam