JBoss Eclipse JMS Exception

Discussion in 'Java' started by jupiter49, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. jupiter49

    jupiter49 Guest

    Can anybody help me decipher this exception issue? I'm running Win XP with
    Eclipse 3.0.1 and JBoss 4.0.1, trying to make a simplistic JMS client send a
    PTP message to a JBoss queue. Eclipse fails at runtime with this:

    "log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
    (org.jboss.mq.referenceable.SpyConnectionFactoryObjectFactory)."

    JBoss's server.log says this right at the end:

    2005-02-13 21:38:16,631 DEBUG
    [org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.ServerSocketManagerHandler] Exiting on IOE
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:201)
    at
    org.jboss.util.stream.NotifyingBufferedInputStream.read(NotifyingBufferedInp
    utStream.java:67)
    at
    java.io_ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java:2133)
    at
    java.io_ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readBlockHeader(ObjectInputSt
    ream.java:2313)
    at
    java.io_ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.refill(ObjectInputStream.java
    :2380)
    at
    java.io_ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.read(ObjectInputStream.java:2
    452)
    at
    java.io_ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.ja
    va:2601)
    at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.java:845)
    at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager$ReadTask.run(SocketManager.java:284)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
    2005-02-13 21:38:16,631 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager] End
    ReadTask.run
    2005-02-13 21:38:16,631 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager] End
    WriteTask.run
    **********************

    I have a feeling I have not set up my environment correctly, no? My system
    CLASSPATH has jbossall-client.jar in it but that's all. I can't tell what
    it is that I need from looking at the exception.

    My Eclipese BuildPath has these archives:
    c:\jboss-4.0.1\client\log4j.jar
    c:\jboss-4.0.1\client\concurrent.jar
    c:\jboss-4.0.1\client\jboss-common-client.jar
    c:\jboss-4.0.1\client\jbossmq-client.jar
    c:\jboss-4.0.1\client\jnp-client.jar
    c:\j2eesdk1.4\lib\j2ee.jar

    Of course, log4j.xml exists in the \conf folders. It's configured as
    default with CONSOLE and FILE appenders.

    I noticed that my client code seems to find the JNDI stuff because I see it
    use port 1099 for the JMS provider. After that is when I get the exception.

    Anybody with any help or troubleshooting hints? Thanks ......... paul

    jupiter49, Feb 14, 2005

  2. jupiter49

    jupiter49 Guest

    Got it. I didn't instantiate the logger class.

    Cool, huh? Where did I get the idea that was optional?

    jupiter49, Feb 15, 2005