JBoss Lomboz Eclipse JSP Parsing Error on jsp:setProperty

Dale

Here's my experience, I hope it saves you googlers a few minutes....

Both the compile message from within Eclipse and from Tomcat 5.0.26
during run say that the tag jsp:setProperty must be empty whenever I
try to add <jsp:setProperty or <jsp:getProperty in my jsp. So I figure
I'm missing something in my set-up / environment. I was wrong, by a
long shot.

It doesn't argue about this:
<jsp:useBean id="anID" class="packagename.ABean">
</jsp:useBean>

but it gives the error if I try this:
<jsp:getProperty name="anID" property="aProp">

This error, specifically:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /TestRoles.jsp(4,1) According to
TLD, tag jsp:setProperty must be empty, but is not

If I do this:
<jsp:getProperty name="anID" property="aProp"/>

it works. Notice the "/" at the end. Duh.

There, now we have a post in English that answers it!

--Dale--