    Maybe better to select another EJB server?

    Thanks
    Oki
    Okros Peter, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Okros Peter wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Have anybody experience with JBoss application server?
    > We are trying to use it without any real success and with many problem.
    > Maybe better to select another EJB server?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Oki

    I have a medium-size customer running JBoss 3.0.6. It does seem to work
    ok. We have discovered a few glitches in the CMP Entity implementation,
    but otherwise it seems to work. I think they have a routine to restart
    the appserver every night, thoug. CMP is not very hot these days anyway,
    and 3.0.6 is really ancient now so this may not be so relevant.

    Otherwise I work on a booking system for a medium sized airline that
    runs on Oracle ias9i, which is certainly not without it's problems
    either, but it runs stable.

    Perhaps you should tell us about the problems you experience?

    Jonas is an alternative that is opensource. Apache Geronimo also, but it
    may not be mature enough yet. Isn't JRun free as well these days?

    --
    Jon Martin Solaas
    Jon Martin Solaas, Aug 5, 2005

  3. Okros Peter

    Dag Sunde Guest

    "Okros Peter" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Have anybody experience with JBoss application server?
    > We are trying to use it without any real success and with many problem.
    > Maybe better to select another EJB server?

    JBoss is probably the most popular EJB server available, so I don't
    think you will have any problems getting help in sorting out your problems.

    Just post specific questions about your problem(s)...

    --
    Dag.
    Dag Sunde, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Okros Peter

    Okros Peter Guest

    I use JBoss 3.2.6 for also a medium size project.
    We coded CMP beans and everything works right but some queries are very very
    slow. These queries are built from 5 or more sql tables (entity beans). In
    according to SQL syntax these queries can be handled with one SELECT
    command. JBoss instead sends one main and multiple select depending on the
    quantity of CMR fields.
    It causes overloads SQL server while JBoss uses only 10% or less CPU.
    Our solution is to use SessionBean with direct database access for these
    kind of queries.

    Thanks in advance,
    Okip

    Okros Peter, Aug 5, 2005
  5. Okros Peter wrote:
    > I use JBoss 3.2.6 for also a medium size project.
    > We coded CMP beans and everything works right but some queries are very very
    > slow. These queries are built from 5 or more sql tables (entity beans). In
    > according to SQL syntax these queries can be handled with one SELECT
    > command. JBoss instead sends one main and multiple select depending on the
    > quantity of CMR fields.
    > It causes overloads SQL server while JBoss uses only 10% or less CPU.
    > Our solution is to use SessionBean with direct database access for these
    > kind of queries.

    It's hard to tell if any other EJB container would behave any different ...
    Jon Martin Solaas, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Jon Martin Solaas wrote:

    > It's hard to tell if any other EJB container would behave any different ...

    .... and if I'm not entirely mistaken you can map one CMP EJB to more
    than one table, and in combination with OQL you may gain better
    performance.

    --
    jon martin solaas
    Jon Martin Solaas, Aug 5, 2005