    Even read only information will do.

    Regards,
    Priyom Sarkar
    priyom, Dec 21, 2006

  2. priyom

    Guest

    priyom wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Inside a portlet is there any way to gather the portal login user
    > information?
    > I want to have access to the User name, email, etc of the user
    > registered with the portal.
    > Even read only information will do.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Priyom Sarkar

    Priyom,

    Yes, the portlet specification provides a mechanism to provide portal
    user information to individual portlets. Download the portlet
    specification and read the section entitled "User Information".

    The solution involves mapping JBoss specific values to generic values
    and using the PortletRequest to access them. So you will also need to
    know how JBoss provides these values to the container. I would think
    this would be in the JBoss portal docs.
    , Dec 21, 2006