    do it before, but can't get it to work anymore.

    Thanks
    Allstarnz
    Allstarnz, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Allstarnz wrote:
    > I'm kind of new to JBuilder, so please forgive a perhaps obvious
    > question.

    I suggest you compile and build your
    ..java source from the command line until
    you figure the basics.

    You might also try c.l.j.softwaretools

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Allstarnz

    john doe Guest

    how do u compile to exe with jbuilder ??
    didn't know that was possible !
    is it in all the jbuilder releases ??
    bye

    "Allstarnz" <> schreef in bericht
    > I'm kind of new to JBuilder, so please forgive a perhaps obvious question.
    >
    > I wanted to make my jpx file as an exe, which worked fine using the

    wizard.
    > However now that I have done what I want I don't want it to make an exe
    > every time I compile my program. How do I stop it doing this?? I just

    want

    john doe, Feb 3, 2004
  4. "john doe" <> writes:

    > how do u compile to exe with jbuilder ??
    > didn't know that was possible !

    It creates an EXE header for a jar, so it's just as "half-hearted" as
    Microsoft's attempt. You still need the JRE installed.
    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Feb 3, 2004
  5. Allstarnz

    znôrt Guest

    On 03 Feb 2004 19:03:32 +0100, Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
    <> wrote:

    >"john doe" <> writes:
    >
    >> how do u compile to exe with jbuilder ??
    >> didn't know that was possible !

    >It creates an EXE header for a jar, so it's just as "half-hearted" as
    >Microsoft's attempt. You still need the JRE installed.

    That's in my opinion just the right thing to do. Even if someone can't
    resist the absurd temptation of delivering java software in exe
    format, there's no need to mess around with custom, embedded or
    duplicate JVM's for this. If you bundle the JRE with your exe
    loader... then why not bundle windows too? Using the currently JRE
    installed on the system is just fine, that's just the way Java is
    meant to be. My guess.

    regards
    znôrt
    znôrt, Feb 3, 2004
  6. Allstarnz

    Bill Joy Guest

    Right-click on the node in the Project pane, select
    Properties, on the Archive tab unselect "Always create
    archive when building the project".

    When you want to build the the EXE, again right-click on the
    node but select Make.

    "Allstarnz" <> wrote in message
    I'm kind of new to JBuilder, so please forgive a perhaps
    obvious question.

    I wanted to make my jpx file as an exe, which worked fine
    using the wizard.
    However now that I have done what I want I don't want it to
    make an exe
    every time I compile my program. How do I stop it doing
    this?? I just want
    to let it compile so I can continue testing and adding
    stuff. I managed to

    Bill Joy, Feb 4, 2004
  7. Allstarnz

    Allstarnz Guest

    "Bill Joy" <> wrote in message
    > Right-click on the node in the Project pane, select
    > Properties, on the Archive tab unselect "Always create
    > archive when building the project".
    >
    > When you want to build the the EXE, again right-click on the
    > node but select Make.

    Thanks Bill for your help, it's now sorted thanks to the tip.
    Allstarnz, Feb 4, 2004