JBuilder Question

Randall Allen

I am new to JavaScript and am trying to use JBuilder to debug some
code that isn't working properly. I can't get the JBuilder debugger
to start. A pop-up says "Unable to start runtime due to incomplete
configuration.". I "think" I've configured every parameter I can find
using guidance from the help files, but there is clearly at least one
thing I've overlooked. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, What are the best low cost development tools for Javascript on
a Win2000 platform? I sure would like to have a good debugging
capability.

Thanks,

Randy

Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

Hi,

Randall said:
I am new to JavaScript and am trying to use JBuilder to debug some
code that isn't working properly. I can't get the JBuilder debugger
to start. A pop-up says "Unable to start runtime due to incomplete
configuration.". I "think" I've configured every parameter I can find
using guidance from the help files, but there is clearly at least one
thing I've overlooked. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was not aware that JBuilder can debug JavaScript. I might be wrong,
though; just to be sure, you are aware that JavaScript and Java are
totally different languages, aren't you?
Also, What are the best low cost development tools for Javascript on
a Win2000 platform? I sure would like to have a good debugging
capability.

For client-side JavaScript, the (IMHO) best environment is a good text
editor with syntax highlighting (there are many of them, I won't
recommend one as the one I use is not free; but there are lots of free
ones too), and Mozilla (inclusive the JavaScript debugger, codename
Venkman). This allows you to debug complex JavaScript applications and
is free.

See
http://www.mozilla.org
Thanks,

Randy

Laurent

kaeli

I am new to JavaScript and am trying to use JBuilder to debug some
code that isn't working properly. I can't get the JBuilder debugger
to start. A pop-up says "Unable to start runtime due to incomplete
configuration.".

Javascript has a runtime?
Perhaps you meant Java?

If so, you need to download and configure the proper JDK, then post
questions to comp.lang.java.* groups.
If not, I have no idea how to use JBuilder for Javascript. :)

~kaeli~
Never argue with an idiot! People may not be able to tell
you apart.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace