    capability.

    Thanks,

    Randy

    Randall Allen, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Hi,

    Randall Allen wrote:

    > I am new to JavaScript and am trying to use JBuilder to debug some
    > code that isn't working properly. I can't get the JBuilder debugger
    > to start. A pop-up says "Unable to start runtime due to incomplete
    > configuration.". I "think" I've configured every parameter I can find
    > using guidance from the help files, but there is clearly at least one
    > thing I've overlooked. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    I was not aware that JBuilder can debug JavaScript. I might be wrong,
    though; just to be sure, you are aware that JavaScript and Java are
    totally different languages, aren't you?

    > Also, What are the best low cost development tools for Javascript on
    > a Win2000 platform? I sure would like to have a good debugging
    > capability.

    For client-side JavaScript, the (IMHO) best environment is a good text
    editor with syntax highlighting (there are many of them, I won't
    recommend one as the one I use is not free; but there are lots of free
    ones too), and Mozilla (inclusive the JavaScript debugger, codename
    Venkman). This allows you to debug complex JavaScript applications and
    is free.

    See
    http://www.mozilla.org

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Randy

    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Randall Allen

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > I am new to JavaScript and am trying to use JBuilder to debug some
    > code that isn't working properly. I can't get the JBuilder debugger
    > to start. A pop-up says "Unable to start runtime due to incomplete
    > configuration.".

    Javascript has a runtime?
    Perhaps you meant Java?

    If so, you need to download and configure the proper JDK, then post
    questions to comp.lang.java.* groups.
    If not, I have no idea how to use JBuilder for Javascript. :)

    ~kaeli~
    Never argue with an idiot! People may not be able to tell
    you apart.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, Jan 12, 2004