    I use Oracle and Oracle's 'sqlplus' tool, I can set the arraysize
    manually. This affects how many rows are retrieved from Oracle at a
    time.

    Ryan Gaffuri, Aug 16, 2004

  2. Ryan Gaffuri

    Oscar kind Guest

    Ryan Gaffuri <> wrote:
    > How do I get the jdbc to use array processing when executing SQL? When
    > I use Oracle and Oracle's 'sqlplus' tool, I can set the arraysize
    > manually. This affects how many rows are retrieved from Oracle at a
    > time.

    This is called a fetch size in JDBC. See the method setFetchSize(int) in
    the interface java.sql.Statement. This method determmines the maximum
    number of rows fetched in one go from the database.

    If you want to limit the total number of rows retrieved, use the method
    setMaxRows(int) from the same interface.

    --
    Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/

    Oscar kind, Aug 16, 2004