JDBC connection to mysql

bruce

I have no problem connecting to mysql on my "localhost"..

1. How do I construct a URL to connect to MySQL on another machine on
my network?

2. Also, what shared options do I have to be concerned about?

Thanks for the help...

Arne Vajhøj

I have no problem connecting to mysql on my "localhost"..

1. How do I construct a URL to connect to MySQL on another machine on
my network?

Just specify:

"jdbc:mysql://yourserverst/yourdb"

instead of:

"jdbc:mysql://localhost/yourdb"
2. Also, what shared options do I have to be concerned about?

Maybe none.

MySQL is designed for allowing remote access.

But obviously it depends on the context.

Arne

bruce

Just specify:

"jdbc:mysql://yourserverst/yourdb"

instead of:

"jdbc:mysql://localhost/yourdb"

Maybe none.

MySQL is designed for allowing remote access.

But obviously it depends on the context.

Arne

Okay... Thanks...

Bruce

Roedy Green

1. How do I construct a URL to connect to MySQL on another machine on
my network?

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdbc.html

Where you see the word "localhost" just replace the name of the
station hosting the SQL server.

In windows, look in My Network Neighbourhood to see the names of the
other stations.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to everybody is the "most reliable Windows ever." To me, this is like saying that asparagus is "the most articulate vegetable ever."
~ Dave Barry