jdbc connections to db2

Cool Calm Serene

Our app is using tomcat resource pooling for jdbc connections to DB2
7.1.
Each time DB2 is stopped and restarted, tomcat also needs to be
restarted because jdbc connections are bad. I get this error:

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][JDBC Driver] CLI0601E Invalid
statement handle or statement is closed. SQLSTATE=S1000

Any idea how to make jdbc connections work without bouncing tomcat?