    box, web server or both?

    Thanks.

    , Aug 10, 2007

  2. Danno Guest

    On Aug 10, 9:37 am, wrote:
    > Where does this driver need to be installed? Is it needed on the SQL
    > box, web server or both?
    >
    > Thanks.

    With your app.

    Danno, Aug 10, 2007

  3. Danno Guest

    On Aug 10, 4:30 pm, Danno <> wrote:
    > On Aug 10, 9:37 am, wrote:
    >
    > > Where does this driver need to be installed? Is it needed on the SQL
    > > box, web server or both?

    > > Thanks.

    > With your app.

    or appserver

    Danno, Aug 10, 2007

    On Aug 10, 6:40 pm, Danno <> wrote:
    > On Aug 10, 4:30 pm, Danno <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Aug 10, 9:37 am, wrote:

    > > > Where does this driver need to be installed? Is it needed on the SQL
    > > > box, web server or both?

    > > > Thanks.

    > > With your app.

    > or appserver

    Thanks folks.. I guess I gotta get the web sever admin to install it.

    , Aug 11, 2007

    On Aug 10, 6:30 pm, Danno <> wrote:
    > On Aug 10, 9:37 am, wrote:
    >
    > > Where does this driver need to be installed? Is it needed on the SQL
    > > box, web server or both?

    > > Thanks.

    > With your app.

    I was just thinking... If I can't get the web server admin to install
    the JDBC driver, can I just drop the files (Driver) in my server
    space? And if so, how do I call it up?

    Thanks!

    , Aug 12, 2007
  6. wrote:
    > I was just thinking... If I can't get the web server admin to install
    > the JDBC driver, can I just drop the files (Driver) in my server
    > space? And if so, how do I call it up?

    I assume we are talking about a Java web app and a servlet container.

    It can either be deployed in the server lib or in the web apps
    lib (WEB-INF/lib).

    There are a few things that require it to be put in the
    server lib, but for many cases the web apps lib will do OK.

    Arne

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Aug 12, 2007