JDBC exception "Io exception: Got minus one from a read call"

June Moore

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone know the main causes of the following JDBC exception?

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Got minus one from a read call

Thanks
June

Kannan Ekanath

I think "Ioexception : Got minus one from a read call" is your message.

SQLException public SQLException(String reason)
Constructs an SQLException object with a reason; the SQLState field
defaults to null, and the vendorCode field defaults to 0.

Parameters:
reason - a description of the exception

May be u might have used this to throw an SQLException with your own
message. Frankly should go through the place from where you are throwing
this exception.
Thanks
Kannan