    and this is how my code looks like

    http://appwsgi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sun/classes/Query.java

    Now how do i actually make a mysql pool on a webserver 7 :)
    gert, Oct 4, 2007

  2. gert

    gert Guest

    On Oct 4, 7:16 am, gert <> wrote:
    > This is how my sun-web.xml looks like
    >
    > {code}<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    > <!DOCTYPE sun-web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD
    > Application Server 9.0 Servlet 2.5//EN" "http://www.sun.com/software/
    > appserver/dtds/sun-web-app_2_5-0.dtd">
    > <sun-web-app error-url="">
    > <context-root>/warTest</context-root>
    > <resource-ref>
    > <res-ref-name>jdbc/mypool</res-ref-name>
    > <jndi-name>jdbc/mysql</jndi-name>
    > </resource-ref>
    > </sun-web-app>{code}
    >
    > and this is how my code looks like
    >
    > http://appwsgi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sun/classes/Query.java
    >
    > Now how do i actually make a mysql pool on a webserver 7 :)

    wait a minute i found something, i get back to you if it doesn't
    work :)

    http://blogs.sun.com/jyrivirkki/entry/using_mysql_with_web_server
    gert, Oct 4, 2007

  3. gert

    gert Guest

    On Oct 4, 7:22 am, gert <> wrote:
    > On Oct 4, 7:16 am, gert <> wrote:
    >
    > > This is how my sun-web.xml looks like

    > > {code}<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    > > <!DOCTYPE sun-web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD
    > > Application Server 9.0 Servlet 2.5//EN" "http://www.sun.com/software/
    > > appserver/dtds/sun-web-app_2_5-0.dtd">
    > > <sun-web-app error-url="">
    > > <context-root>/warTest</context-root>
    > > <resource-ref>
    > > <res-ref-name>jdbc/mypool</res-ref-name>
    > > <jndi-name>jdbc/mysql</jndi-name>
    > > </resource-ref>
    > > </sun-web-app>{code}

    > > and this is how my code looks like

    > >http://appwsgi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sun/classes/Query.java

    > > Now how do i actually make a mysql pool on a webserver 7 :)

    > wait a minute i found something, i get back to you if it doesn't
    > work :)
    >
    > http://blogs.sun.com/jyrivirkki/entry/using_mysql_with_web_server

    what does this mean ?

    PWC4216: Name mysql is not bound in this Context
    gert, Oct 4, 2007
  4. gert

    gert Guest

    On Oct 4, 8:46 am, gert <> wrote:
    > On Oct 4, 7:22 am, gert <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Oct 4, 7:16 am, gert <> wrote:

    > > > This is how my sun-web.xml looks like

    > > > {code}<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    > > > <!DOCTYPE sun-web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD
    > > > Application Server 9.0 Servlet 2.5//EN" "http://www.sun.com/software/
    > > > appserver/dtds/sun-web-app_2_5-0.dtd">
    > > > <sun-web-app error-url="">
    > > > <context-root>/warTest</context-root>
    > > > <resource-ref>
    > > > <res-ref-name>jdbc/mypool</res-ref-name>
    > > > <jndi-name>jdbc/mysql</jndi-name>
    > > > </resource-ref>
    > > > </sun-web-app>{code}

    > > > and this is how my code looks like

    > > >http://appwsgi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sun/classes/Query.java

    > > > Now how do i actually make a mysql pool on a webserver 7 :)

    > > wait a minute i found something, i get back to you if it doesn't
    > > work :)

    > >http://blogs.sun.com/jyrivirkki/entry/using_mysql_with_web_server

    > what does this mean ?
    >
    > PWC4216: Name pool is not bound in this Context

    This are all my conf and servlet files

    http://appwsgi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sun/sun-web.xml
    http://appwsgi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sun/web.xml
    http://appwsgi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/server.xml (part of it)
    http://appwsgi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sun/classes/Query.java
    gert, Oct 4, 2007
  5. gert

    gert Guest

    http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9906501&#9906501

    Actually I think I am finally getting the picture here what is going
    on.

    The driver issue was caused by a second driver located inside my web/
    lib folder of the web application it self that couldn't be removed
    without stopping the service manually. After removing and starting the
    service again I got a pool of mysql connections.

    But my pool runs out of connections resulting in a "RSR0009: Resource
    not available for pool [jdbc/mysql]. Wait-time expired" error

    So my servlet code has some issues I think ?

    http://appwsgi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sun/classes/Query.java

    Ps Maybe I also need to put some extra properties that will do some
    sort of garbage collection on my connections :) ?
    gert, Oct 5, 2007
  6. gert

    gert Guest

    On Oct 5, 5:35 am, gert <> wrote:
    > http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9906501
    >
    > Actually I think I am finally getting the picture here what is going
    > on.
    >
    > The driver issue was caused by a second driver located inside my web/
    > lib folder of the web application it self that couldn't be removed
    > without stopping the service manually. After removing and starting the
    > service again I got a pool of mysql connections.
    >
    > But my pool runs out of connections resulting in a "RSR0009: Resource
    > not available for pool [jdbc/mysql]. Wait-time expired" error
    >
    > So my servlet code has some issues I think ?
    >
    > http://appwsgi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sun/classes/Query.java
    >
    > Ps Maybe I also need to put some extra properties that will do some
    > sort of garbage collection on my connections :) ?

    works now i think :)

    http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5222730
    gert, Oct 5, 2007