    for solving this problem ,I am using jdbc type-1 driver,
    is oracle8i odbc drivers doent support winxp, how can i config,please
    help

    vijjus4u, Mar 26, 2006

  2. vijjus4u wrote:
    > Hey all, i have a problem in connecting database by using java,by
    > following config , oracle8i, java-1.4.2,winxp with sp-2,please help me
    > for solving this problem ,I am using jdbc type-1 driver,
    > is oracle8i odbc drivers doent support winxp, how can i config,please
    > help

    Why are you mixing in odbc? What does your code look like? What
    errormessages do you get? Where does the driver come from?

    Jon Martin Solaas, Mar 26, 2006

  3. "vijjus4u" <> wrote in message
    > Hey all, i have a problem in connecting database by using java,by
    > following config , oracle8i, java-1.4.2,winxp with sp-2,please help me
    > for solving this problem ,I am using jdbc type-1 driver,
    > is oracle8i odbc drivers doent support winxp, how can i config,please
    > help

    Why are you using odbc? Have a look at the following article, it explains
    how to connect to an Oracle database in Java:
    http://jcsnippets.atspace.com/java/database/connect-to-oracle-database.html

    If you're still having problems, it would also help to post exactly *which*
    problem you are having: which exception for instance.

    Best regards,

    JC
    --
    http://jcsnippets.atspace.com/
    a collection of source code, tips and tricks

    jcsnippets.atspace.com, Mar 26, 2006